Block cutting, specific to ISX/X
09-29-2022, (Subject: Block cutting, specific to ISX/X ) 
RE: Block cutting, specific to ISX/X
(09-28-2022 )Signature620 Wrote:  You don't have a choice once the block is cut, you have to use 2 service shims or use 1 service shim and 1 captive shim.

152mm liners don't use captive shims but come with a loose 0.032" shim in the box.

There's nothing else to it.

I get what you’re saying. As far as my understanding all new liners come with a captive shim now. Or maybe still a loose shim in the box for 152. Regardless, you’re saying whether it be a 150 with captive shim or 152 (using loose .032 shim) if I cut the block for a .020 brass shim or whatever the math to get .0015 protrusion, I will a) stack a .020 shim with a captive shim, or b) stack a 152 loose shim with said .020 service shim?

The post wasn’t mainly for “in the book” specific guidelines, I was just trying to get the facts ironed out, whether it be book specs or real world specs. Of course the theory of block cutting is taught a certain way, but actually doing the job is typically different. I’m used to cutting mid range so it’s a step up for me on an X.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Block cutting, specific to ISX/X - dericson - 09-29-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.