Block cutting, specific to ISX/X
09-29-2022, (Subject: Block cutting, specific to ISX/X ) 
RE: Block cutting, specific to ISX/X
(09-29-2022 )dericson Wrote:  ...
What are your thoughts behind the captive shim introduction in the first place? I’ve figured and heard it because they would rather have the captive shim wear or service shim wear into each other rather than trash a counterbore ledge like they have in the past.

One question I do have is, when using a liner with a captive shim and you install a service shim, is the liner machined a bit to take up the tolerance that the captive shim introduced, or do you have to factor that into your cut depth? I.e take out an extra .001 because the captive shim may be .001? Same question posed for the 152 liner if it comes with the loose shim, is the liner machined down some on mid stop to compensate for the use of the loose shim (does it measure .032?)?

you can speculate all you want to, but it is as simple as achieving the right height and moving on.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dericson

Messages In This Thread
RE: Block cutting, specific to ISX/X - Rawze - 09-29-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.