Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
12-04-2022, (Subject: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc? ) 
RE: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
(12-04-2022 )Nhramember Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Don't buy aftermarket, buy OEM only. Did you have those flow tested by a dealer? What engine do you have? Maybe a doser injector problem too?
I have a Cummins isx15. I took it to a cleaning shop and they stuck these lil straw things into the doc . They wouldn’t go through it in certain spots. They said it collapsed in certain places and said it needed to be replaced. I had a bad egr cooler I replaced this summer and not sure how long it was bad. The dpf was pink and I cleaned it when I did the egr. I probably should have changed them at that time. They saying it’s faceplugged and kept getting the shutdown dpf filter full code. Thursday and Friday after forced regens.

first of all, any liquids significantly weaken the DPF and DOc units. It washes out the precious metals in them quite rapidly and easily.. then they do not function properly any more. This means that if your egr coler was leaking, it ruined those units.. or made them very weak at the least. -= Also, those element cannot be cleaned with liquids either for the same reasons.

next.. the DPF unit,.. every other hole IS SUPPOSED TO BE BLOCKED OFF .. it is part of its design for properly trapping soot and ash. Not sure about the DOC though, if it is supposed to have blocked hols=es or not in its design.

sounds to me like both units are bad if you had an egr cooler leak. It also.. from how the look in the pics, .. looks like someone might have used a liquid product to clean them.. this ruins them too... so i would say that both are likely definitely bad at this point.

just some info to consider.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc? - Rawze - 12-04-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.