Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
12-04-2022, (Subject: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc? ) 
RE: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc?
(12-04-2022 )Nhramember Wrote:  Ok I will replace them what’s the best replacement is aftermarket ok ? I have ers here in md that is owned by Lkq gave me a quote of 2400.00 for a new Doc not reman with warranty.I checked Cummins they didn’t have but kw said 6300.00 for doc. Now I gotta add a cost for dpf filter.

OEM ONLY!!!>.. unless you want it to last only 2 years .. maybe less, and act up like mad.

every single brand and make of aftermarket DPF/doc, etc.. have been nothing but garbage and problems that I have seen... not worth it if you ask me.

it being that expensive to replace both units, .. the alternative method of cleaning them out with a hammer and chisel comes to mind. Then having the ecm re-programmed by one of the recommended ppl on here so that you don't have to question what was done. That or doing the re-programming yourself. -= all the files and such that are needed to do that + how-to's are free on the interwebs if you know where to look. Someone even slightly savvy enough with a pc to run a typical spread-sheet and/or look at engine codes with Insite softwaere, etc. is capable of doing the programming job themselves. The programing part itself certainly ain't worth no thousands of $$$ like a lot of crooks would have you to believe. It is a scam and plague in the trucking industry. -= It ain't that difficult, especially for a CM871.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I replace dpf filter when changing out Doc? - Rawze - 12-04-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.