Average engine loads
03-05-2023, (Subject: Average engine loads ) 
Average engine loads
What would be some non-abused engine loads to look for on the average 80k lb highway truck? I know how I drive mine. I've averaged well into the 8's in the last 450k, but I'm thinking finding a truck with an engine load at or near my lower percentage will be nearly impossible.

There's the average load (I'm assuming the entire engine load across all rpm and speed) and the average drive load (which I'm assuming is the load only calculated when vehicle is in motion). I've been asking for the ecm trip reports with the abuse and aftertreatment history. Been using the engine loads and average mpg to determine whether it's a truck I want to investigate further. Also using the full load operation time as a factor. I just want to make sure I'm not being too damn picky---I know 98% of them won't be feather-throttled like my current truck.

I've searched, but haven't seen much info about this. Whats a good place to stay below?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Average engine loads - SquareOne - 03-05-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.