stuck clutch pedal
04-18-2023, (Subject: stuck clutch pedal ) 
RE: stuck clutch pedal
Thanks guys. About to start looking into it, will check back.

If memory serves me correctly the truck was assembled near the end of 2011. It's got an Eaton 13 speed. Not sure what clutch is in there. I've had it adjusted by mechanics twice since I got it 5 years ago. I run flatbed so it's mostly driving forward, no bumping docks. Once I'm rolling I don't touch the clutch again until I'm coming to a stop. Clutch brake hasn't worked in the 300,000 miles I've owned the truck.

I have remote grease fittings for the cross shafts. Was under the truck a few days ago and I remember seeing a mound of grease that had come out where the driver side connects to the housing. Possible it didn't take the grease. I literally did a full PM, drove the truck about 20 miles and parked it back in November. Clutch was working normally at the time. Truck has sat since then. Ran the engine a few times but never thought to work the clutch pedal.

That video was nice. If anyone has links to more clutch and transmission videos, install, uninstall, repair, component breakdown, rebuild, anything, that would be super helpful for me. I often have a hard time following repair instructions when I don't have some kind of visual reference. And it's hard to see anything under this truck, especially when you don't even know what you're looking for.

Also, on a side note, is it possible to replace the clutch without completely removing the transmission from underneath the truck? Maybe just move it back a bit? Just curious in case I need to go the replacement route.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
stuck clutch pedal - JimT - 04-17-2023,
RE: stuck clutch pedal - JimT - 04-17-2023,
RE: stuck clutch pedal - JimT - 04-18-2023
RE: stuck clutch pedal - Rawze - 04-18-2023,
RE: stuck clutch pedal - JimT - 04-18-2023,
RE: stuck clutch pedal - JimT - 04-18-2023,
RE: stuck clutch pedal - JimT - 04-19-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.