Isx 15 Oil overheating
04-25-2023, (Subject: Isx 15 Oil overheating ) 
RE: Isx 15 Oil overheating
(04-25-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  The oil temps should typically run about 30-F or so (38-F max) above the coolant temps when pushing high operating loads.

This means that someone seeing 245-F + oil temps is actually too high too, and is a sign that the engine is going to live a very short lifespan, so it sounds to me like you have a serious issue if it is even higher than that.

So someone telling you that 245-F is normal is someone who is abusing their equipment in one way or another and likely does not know any better.

Also, the #1 cause of excess or higher than normal oil temps is almost always garbage-can delete files being used.

- If that truck is deleted, then copy the program from the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone has done inside the programming as a start, and then go from there.

I forgot to mention that has not been deleted yet. I got that information regarding the oil temp from the kenworth booklet that came with the truck as well as online.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isx 15 Oil overheating - Ozzie18 - 04-25-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.