ISX CM871
06-10-2023, (Subject: ISX CM871 ) 
RE: ISX CM871 55,000 mile total rebuild. Multiple turbos, EGR valves
(06-10-2023 )Dieselboy Wrote:  Geez what a crazy series of events. The service manager did mention the previous shop in Jacksonville did a “dirty” install of the turbo. Meaning it looked like they didn’t do a clean out. Sounds like they may be referencing what you’re talking about. I’m not sure how he could tell that but the comment was made.

Look at it this way. Dealerships push time…. The faster they get the job done then the more money they make, they offer incentives to the techs on speed also. They faster they get shi#t done then the more money the tech makes. That is the biggest thing they push. They could give a flying f*** less if you get 10 years out of your engine. Why? Because if you took it to them the first time why wouldn’t you take it the second. In the end they get your money. But people hear DEALERSHIP and “master certified “ and they think the best in the world is working on their truck. I’m master certified…. It don’t mean shi#t, it’s a piece of paper that sounds good and isn’t worth as much as it weighs. I learned more before and after the dealership than I did at the dealership.

Now guys like myself in the small shops make money off their name and word of mouth instead of time. We have to do the job better than the factory did so that you go tell the next guy about our work. So you go tell them that we fix what dealerships can’t or that your aftertreatment has went 3 years with no issues after we fixed it. Thats the difference in the real mechanics and the dealership techs. I wouldn’t let a dealership work on my bicycle.

Also I’m very interested as to how they got their compression measurements and how they got their figures. I mean did it sound like 80% or did they actually set down and do the math to convert it to a percentage?

I hope they get your shi#t right man but I seen a quote this week from Cummins to build a cm2350 for 19k with a reman head, that’s a lot of money to piss away.

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
ISX CM871 - Dieselboy - 06-10-2023,
RE: ISX CM871 55,000 mile total rebuild. Multiple turbos, EGR valves - Bengy88 - 06-10-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.