injector codes 2015 Pete 579
08-14-2023, (Subject: injector codes 2015 Pete 579 ) 
RE: injector codes 2015 Pete 579
(08-14-2023 )watkinstt Wrote:  With Cummins codes 1139, 1142, 1144, 1143, and 1141. This truck originally came in because it was putting coolant in the fuel. After diagnosing we found the injector cups were leaking. We purchased and installed an aftermarket cup kit. This corrected are coolant in fuel issues but we have been getting these codes since installing. These codes were not present prior to installation. We have checked fuel restriction per Insite and see no issues there. We also removed and replaced the fuel supply tubes to each injector since we could not confirm they were put back with their original injectors when cup kit was installed. Any information or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Did anyone bother to do a proper rail leak-down test after putting it all back together?.

Any time you remove injectors and replace things on a common rail, after you get all the air out of the lines ... you need to do this test before calling it good. It has to be done EXACTLY LIKE THIS VIDEO SHOWS!!!.. AT 30,000 PSI!!!. and not just at idle pressures.

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

=============

Also.. the engine uses the exhaust gas pressure sensor to detect injector problems. If that little crossover tube from the manifold to the bottom of the thermostat housing has gotten cracked, leaks, etc... then it will not be able to detect injectors properly, or may give ghost injectors or mis-fire faults. As well, the passageway inside the thermostat housing likes to clog up with soot over time, making the exh. pressure sensor not read correctly.

Engine off and cooled off .. remove the exhaust pressure sensor at the top of the thermostat housing and spray a liberal amount of brake cleaner into the hole.. see if it pools up. If it does, then the circuit needs to be cleaned out.

If the engine has a de-mandate program in it (deleted) then copy the file out of the ecm and e-mail it to me. It is common for those delete programs to disable or partially disable the exhaust pressure sensor, an d later down the road.. you can get random or sudden injector issues like you describe when the injector manager in the ecm is getting nothing but random or half-disabled data.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: watkinstt

Messages In This Thread
RE: injector codes 2015 Pete 579 - Rawze - 08-14-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.