X15
09-04-2023, (Subject: X15 ) 
RE: X15
(09-03-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
Go ahead and try to find a newer model mid-tier truck with an X15 in it and a decent set of rears, 3.55's (or better yet, 3.79's maybe 3,90's) + a manual 13-speed (or 10-speed) tranny in it that has been well cared for those first half-million miles.
Here is he typical scenario: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid37802

This reality is why I've decided any future business expansion I do with used trucks will be older trucks with the right specs. Ideally that the owner is selling cheap because they know it's due for major work. The way I look at it an older $10,000 truck that needs $40,000 is maintenance is probably a better investment than one of the aforementioned newer trucks being sold for $60-80k and they are typically easier to work on due to less computer integration. New would be my next choice but the current prices are outrageous and the overall reliability doesn't look very good. Not to mention the volatile evolving environment with engine/emission regulations right now. While I believe electric vehicles will be the future, it's still a LONG way off before they become a VIABLE alternative to most trucking applications. While I'm optimistic about what Edison Motors is doing with their diesel-electric hybrid trucks, they don't currently appear to be interested in applying that to the on-highway long-haul applications that see mass production and use. (I don't understand why this option was not seen until recently as a viable intermediate step in the truck electrification initiative as it alleviates many of the concerns with electric trucks. But that's getting too off-topic here)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
X15 - tsolson - 09-02-2023,
RE: X15 - Bengy88 - 09-03-2023,
RE: X15 - Rawze - 09-03-2023,
RE: X15 - tsolson - 09-04-2023,
RE: X15 - tree98 - 09-05-2023,
RE: X15 - JimT - 09-04-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.