ISX oil pressure problems
09-29-2023, (Subject: ISX oil pressure problems ) 
RE: ISX oil pressure problems
A bad delete program can easily cause the engine to overheat the oil like that on a whim ... though it would not cause the zero oil pressure.

That may be a heavy contributor of the the oil temp issue part of it any ways. It should be around the 218-220~ish F range unless your in a hard pull.

and if someone changed the cam bearings in the head, then that could be a place for some problems. The factory bearings opening are often set slightly offset on some of the lobes to help balance oil flow across the rockers, etc. - If they aligned all of the oil passage holes perfectly, then this could be one place for it to bleed excessive oil .. but I doubt that it would be more than a psi or 3 at most for that alone. - Improper clearance though due to incorrect bearing sizes vs. the cam lobes, or one that got spun, .. and that could be a definite culprit for sure.

Also,.. at 185-F the oil pressure gong down the roads (above 1100 rpm) should normally be about 32-34 PSI.. so if it is only getting to 24-psi that is a serious issue. and at Idle, it should be above 18 minimum.. but typical is more like 20-24 psi at idle alone... depends on idle rpm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX oil pressure problems - Rawze - 09-29-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.