cm2350 engine with cm2250 ecm ?
12-12-2023, (Subject: cm2350 engine with cm2250 ecm ? ) 
RE: cm2350 engine with cm2250 ecm ?
(12-12-2023 )PolishHammer Wrote:  Hello all I have a 2007 ISX12 that Has no bearings left on the crank due to the air compressor breaking off the front cover and loosing all the oil. This engine was in a mci motor coach.

I found a 2017 ISX12 but it has a cm2350 on it. This engine was from a hiway truck.
I dont want to have to repin the cm2250 plug on oem side i just want to use the cm 2250 and the exisiting wiring harness so everything is oem. I have read posts that this can be done but im unsure of what is needed programing wise to make the engine run properly.
all emmisions are still on the bus, not sure if i want to keep them or do partial removal maybe just the add blue and the erg de mandated.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

The ecm will run the new engine just fine. In fact, the proper thing to do is re-use the old ecm and wiring harness. You might have to replace the high pressure sensor for the fuel-rail to the older style if it does not plug in.

But you will also need a custom program made for it (I do about 10 or so a year for people with this situation). Compression ratio and a whole lot of other things internally are different.

I will need the old engine ser#.. and the new engine ser#. I will also need a copy of the program pulled from the ecm, as if it were still the old engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PolishHammer

Messages In This Thread
RE: cm2350 engine with cm2250 ecm ? - Rawze - 12-12-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.