2016 ISX15 Cummins Fuel issue?
02-04-2024, (Subject: 2016 ISX15 Cummins Fuel issue? ) 
RE: 2016 ISX15 Cummins Fuel issue?
(02-04-2024 )steeldck Wrote:  Well, thanks for your insight fellas, its appreciated. As if I couldn't be sicker about these 2 rigs, it's a damm shame.
It's a shame, I consider my self knowledgeable to this business, obviously had no idea I had to literally be smarter than, and more Informed, than some of the shops I've delt with in the past.

{garbage-can remarks removed by Rawze}
wait, where is a fella supposed to get all this information that you guys have? Just past experiences? I feel like a guy that's never owned a rig or never ran a Business here
{garbage-can remarks removed by Rawze}

i completely agree that the things I mentioned above should have been part of someone's training ... but instead, its shortcut city, throw parts at it, assume instead of investigate. etc.etc. ... and onto the next engine (victim) ... that is what you get instead.

My forum would not exist if these engines just ran as advertised. It would not exist if people were not plagued with emissions issues .. putting them out of business and/or destitute because of sh$itty EGR and aftertreatment designs. It also would not exist if the repair industry could do things right... and people actually got their trucks fixed 100% properly... by actual knowledgeable, caring, professional people.

Its a sad day when you ask the guy digging on the inside of your engine .. who has done hundreds of them by now.. what the tolerance or backlash for a bearing clearance or what specific bolt torque should be for a non-critical component .. and he has to go look it up.. or gives you an argument instead.

Its a sad day indeed when you are talking to an OEM certified mechanic to ask him what the leak down rate on the fuel rail was from 30,000 psi .. and he does not even know how to do the test properly... nor has ever done it properly.

Its a sad day when your asking if you have leaky injectors on your CM871.. and the mechanic says "we would have to send them off to an injector shop to have that tested" kind of bulls$it to you as a response. Also, they don't even own the injector leak test block to test the injectors without removing them that anyone can find off Amazon!. https://amzn.to/3SpM6rk

And ... Its a sad day when a truck owner comes onto my forum here and says that 'the mechanic' just replaced a $4,000 fuel pump, and did not even bother to find out if it was bad or not... and on top of that.. DID NOT EVEN DO the proper tests and inspections needed for that 559 code.

This stuffs is COMMON KNOWLEDGE and is well known these days. It is not just some back-water redneck form Georgia named Rawze's opinions. They are examples of a a serious lack training and proper care/procedures etc. in the repair and trucking industry as a whole.

============
Here is how that inframe should have been done...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606

These red engines are a double edged sword.

Ignore them and let everyone else work on them.. and its at a truck owners peril and frustration in the end.

Think of them like a red-headed step-child. Ignore them even a little bit and its nothing but problems.. but give them lots of attention .. do all the things they need.. and they are the best thing that you will own.

Owning them long term is a learning experience for sure.. and yeah.. the truck owner is the one that eventually has to learn all these things. This happens either thru research, or the hard way when things go sideways. That is the sad state of affairs on how it is in trucking these days... and all the added complexity of these modern engines.

The whole repair industry around trucks is in as bad a shape as it can be these days too. It started going south when the emissions engines became the norm.. the OEM started paying the mechanics like they were salesman (the more jobs u can do in a day = more pay, go,go,go) instead paying them to take the time to care.. and forcing them to use procedures that dictate they replace $$$$ parts first, and use methods that maximized profits for them instead of caring for the customers. - It is sad indeed.. and now combine that with GEN-z, ansd GenX being so damn lazy and speed-gun happy.. not caring about much more than 'get it done and out' and onto the next.. that is has gotten way out of hand.

The entire advantage... and its only advantage for owning a red engine .. is that you can work on it yourself.. you can get all the tools and even the software, manuals, etc.. all for yourself. This is their only advantage, otherwise they are just as problematic as any other newer brand of engine out there. If someone does not take advantage of this and learn to work on it.. or at least know what is supposed to be done properly.. then it is at their own loss and frustration.

If someone only want to 'drive their truck' and take it somewhere else for most medium to minor repairs.. they need to lease perpetually and 'call the dealer' .. and go sit on that couch whenever its being worked on.. and turn that truck back in before the warranty is up..rinse and repeat.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 ISX15 Cummins Fuel issue? - Rawze - 02-04-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.