Bad demandate
04-04-2024, (Subject: Bad demandate ) 
RE: Bad demandate
Update
So changed the turbo actuator control box, although better still not as it should be. Have a month plus off so changing both cams, all rockers and all rocker shafts to the tune of $16,000 cad… ouch. Had hoped to just do the valve side, but the polishing on the injector side didn’t look to good, and once I got it out it measured under spec according to quick serve. All oem stuff going back in. While I’m digging around back there I’m doing the gasket between block and front structure, as it started leaking this winter. As best I can tell it’s coming from there and not the injector cam seal. I’ve read in other posts that Rawze doesn’t like the scissor gears? Mine has them, should I switch them out too?

Attached photo of one of the injector cam lobes, they all look more or less like that. 875 xxx miles on those cams, too little oil? Going to pre oil the engine prior to start up, drive the oil for 30 ish miles then shim the oil pump and add new oil. Hopefully that makes the difference. Also, found out my harmonic damper was set off by one hole, so that will have played with my valve set… how much? those dowels are tough little guys! Had to pry the balancer off with a pry bar, do I need to replace? I replaced it two winters ago, I looked in with the phone camera and I was sure I saw the dowel in the proper place, but I guess it wasn’t! I hope I haven’t done some irreversible damage with that.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Bad demandate - Oilysnowman - 12-19-2023,
RE: Bad demandate - LIttlet666 - 12-19-2023,
RE: Bad demandate - Rawze - 12-19-2023,
RE: Bad demandate - tree98 - 02-20-2024,
RE: Bad demandate - Oilysnowman - 04-04-2024
RE: Bad demandate - Rawze - 04-05-2024,
RE: Bad demandate - Rawze - 04-10-2024,
RE: Bad demandate - Rawze - 04-11-2024,
RE: Bad demandate - Rawze - 04-24-2024,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.