ISX "whistling" and shut down
04-23-2024, (Subject: ISX "whistling" and shut down ) 
RE: ISX "whistling" and shut down
ISX engines...

If that thing still has the old style 3-cylinder fuel pump.. it has to go ... NOW!... it should have been upgraded years ago!. .. and yes, it is a ticking time bomb ready to take out the entire engine when it fails!.

It is nothing at all to play with, or take for granted if it is still operating.

It is quite expensive (several thousand doll$$ars) to replace and upgrade too. The ehole pump needs replacing, several new fuel lines, and other components too.

Mr. Hag's shop (haggai automotive in griffin, GA) has done many of them in the past.. maybe ask him about what to do to get it done the right way.

You can thank bosch and cummins for that failed experiment of a pump for that and how expensive it is to upgrade it.

HOWEVER... It is also the truck owners fault for not upgrading it for free back when there was a proper recall campaign out on them. Cummins used to replace and upgrade them on a campaign but that has long since past,.. and now you have to buy everything.

That pump LITERALLY DESTROYS THE ENTIRE ENGINE WITH ZERO WARNING when it fails, and nothing whatsoever in that engine can be saved when it happens. The entire engine and all its lubricated components becomes a boat anchor and has to go to a scrap yard.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CoroView Shop

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX "whistling" and shut down - Rawze - 04-23-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.