Cummins X15 after treatment issues
05-07-2024, (Subject: Cummins X15 after treatment issues ) 
RE: Cummins X15 after treatment issues
(05-06-2024 )Envirotec Wrote:  ...
There was some white/beige colored looking material that had same consistency as soot. As soon as you touch it, it turns to a fine powder. Not sure if it’s pieces of filter or particulate matter from within.

EVERY OTHER PASSAGE IN THAT DPF FILTER IS SUPPOSED TO BE BLOCKED AT THE BACK END!!!.

looking at that photo ... you may have very well damaged the holy h#ell out of that DPF filter and ruined it.

The white stuffs is likely ash.. but beige stuffs ARE PLUGS THAT ALSO CONTAIN THE PRECIOUS METALS needed for conversion and proper regeneration!!!!

How the DPF works, is that every other passage thru the element IS PLUGGED AT ITS BACK-END!!!.. ON PURPOSE!.. TO HELP CATCH THE SOOT PROPERLY.. and those plugs are beige in color and change to a darker reddish-beige as the dpf gets older.

./uploads/202405/post_2_1715085690_da45f52403a8e12a4ad1cf2936975518.png

If you blow the plugs out by using high pressure shop air like a fool ... then the DPF will get weaker and weaker, the more plugs that get blown out ... and it will NOT regen properly. You will have nothing but regen problems!!!. - IT RUINS THE DPF UNIT if shop air is used that contains any moisture (all liquids are the enemy of a DOC/DPF), or if it is blown out too aggressively and high air pressures!!!!.

Air is used as part of the cleaning process professionally after baking the unit at extreme temperatures and turning everything to ash, but it has to be absolutely dry air.. and it also has to be at lower pressures and higher volumes as to not blow out the cell plugs at the end(s). Professional DPF cleaning machines also usually employ the use of air pressure at both ends simultaneously, to reduce the differential pressures at the plugs, so they do not get blown out.

THE ONLY WAY TO 100% PROPERLY CLEAN THE DOC/DPF UNITS TO THEIR FORMER GLORY IS TO TAKE THEM OFF THE VEHICLE.. TAKE THEM TO THE OEM AND HAVE THEM PROFESSIONALLY BAKED, DE-ASHED, AND FLOW TESTED for a few hundred bucks > on proper machinery designed for this!!!.

!!!... ANYTHING ELSE AND YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME AND CAUSING HARM TO THEM!!!.

so .. sure enough.. when I saw that picture when I got up this morning ... all I could do is cringe! and shake my head!.

and said to myself ... WHAT A SHAME!.

Also.. there are countless you#tu#be videos all over the place with BAD INFORMATION, where people wash them out, or use liquid products on them, which washes out precious metals too.. and weakens them exponentially each time they do so.

Liquids of any kind are the direct enemy of DOC and DPF elements!. That or they will blow them out with high pressure air improperly, and do all kinds of ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE things to them. This all in the name of sheer ignorance and blind dam$n stupidity!. The interwebs is full of this kind of bad information and complete garbage!.

Here is a video that shows how DOC/DPF cleaning should be done ....
info: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid50975

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Envirotec , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins X15 after treatment issues - Rawze - 05-07-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.