X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
05-11-2024, (Subject: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake ) 
RE: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake
(01-30-2024 )Jakt2016 Wrote:  ...
I just did injector leak down it lost about 300 psi. That's all. {name removed} is sending me a new turbo.

I looked at the program you sent me. It is a bit dated, but is otherwise not harmful at all. One of the few that i see a year that is not a total butcher job.

If you want to see if it is making too much positive pressure at idle, then you can check it like this...
Rawze Wrote:Remove the IMAP sensor from the manifold without disconnecting the wiring from it. Idle the truck, feather the throttle a few times hard to get everything to settle out, then slide the corner of a sheet of paper over the hole. See if the paper is mostly trying to be sucked into the hole.. or if it is mostly only fluttering up and down.. or if it is being mostly blown away from the hole.

- If it is being sucked in, the turbo is not spinning fast enough at idle, needs to be adjusted up,.. if it's being blown mostly away, the turbo positioning at idle can stand to be relaxed a bit, and fluttering only then the turbo is about where it need to be at idle, etc.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid77395

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 chuffing through air cleaners at low rpm on jake brake - Rawze - 05-11-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.