Pete 579 2017 auto transmission issue
05-31-2024, (Subject: Pete 579 2017 auto transmission issue ) 
RE: Pete 579 2017 auto transmission issue
Although I am not a fan of auto-sh#itter trannies... Here are some random thoughts that come to mind ...

At more than 800k+ miles.. when is the last time the clutch was replaced?.

When is the last time the XY shifter (and wiring) was replaced?.

When was the last time the tranny was dropped out of it for this type of major maintenance, inspections, and work?.

It sounds to me like 800k+ miles is getting long in the tooth for such things, and if the clutch, XY shifter, etc. is mostly still original.. then you have been very lucky with it.

=======

Also, at 800k, that ISX engine is due for rod/mains + a second fuel pump guts replacement at that mileage too... so it sounds to me like its time to shut it down and do a whole lot of things (egr tune-up, have the DPF cans baked, etc.) to the engine too while your pulling the tranny. .. or if the engine is de-mandated, to also take the time to have the programming copied from the ecm, sent to me for review/inspected, to ensure it is not harmful to the engine, turbo, and/or the tranny as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pete 579 2017 auto transmission issue - Rawze - 05-31-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.