X15 coolant leak (weird)
06-10-2024, (Subject: X15 coolant leak (weird) ) 
RE: X15 coolant leak (weird)
(06-10-2024 )LTWON Wrote:  No it’s a brand new {after-market} head, unless I’m just seeing things and it’s not really coolant, shitty store paint that’s having condensation running down the block, I don’t know? I haven’t really been losing any coolant either but I see those streaks.

Also it’s a genuine Cummins headgasket from Cummins parts store themselves. I was just curious if anybody ever had an issue like this, it’s a first for me and it’s my 4th isx/x15.

I can tell you that it would have been more common for someone to complain about an oil leak at the back right corner (intake) side of the head/block, but not a coolant leak. One of the main oil drains is there, and if the block is warped or pitted, they will tend to leak oil ... but not coolant.

- With an after-garbage head.. who knows though. Makes someone wonder what other after-garbage parts are on/in it?.

Was the overhaul kit after-garbage too?.

Any ways, there is 80% chances that you give it about 3-4 or so years (often less), ... and you will be on here complaining about having to replace that head again for one reason or another. I see it over and over around here.

Starting to sound to me so far that the whole thing is a big can of worms so far.

And then also.. is it de-mandated?... if so, then the program needs to be reviewed to ensure it is also not harmful as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 coolant leak (weird) - Rawze - 06-10-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.