Cummins X15 after treatment issues
06-20-2024, (Subject: Cummins X15 after treatment issues ) 
RE: Cummins X15 after treatment issues
Your issues are likely that you have not gone thru the egr system thoroughly and cleaned it all out + replaced all the old sensors!. It does not matter what the sensors look like. They read wrong and make for excessive soot, turbo goes crazy, and all sorts of other issues when the EGR cooler itself, the egr piping, etc. starts becoming restrictive. Sensors reading incorrectly as well due to the cross-channels in the egr delta-p circuit, exhaust press circuit, DPF delta-P circuit, etc. getting sooted up, clogged channel thru the thermostat housing for the exhaust BP sensor, IMAP pressures, temp sensors, etc. reading incorrectly.

DPF/scr, etc. Delta-P sensors, temp sensors at the DPF, etc. too. Then there is the NOx sensors, which are only good for about 400k miles at best, then start to read incorrectly, making the system demand more and more of itself and causing all those faults that keep coming back'

I.E.> Its a combination of things that makes the system act up endlessly, and you have to co thru and repair it all before it gets somewhat happy again .. Not just part of it.

- The truck did not have repeating dpf issues over and over when it was brand new .. so what has changed is all the clogged and sooted up components + aging leaking exhaust piping, etc. It you don;t chase down ALL OF IT .. then it will be nothing but a plague.

Also.,. how are you driving these trucks?.. because if there is a lot of idling.. start and go.. etc.. then the regen system will not re3gen the thing properly, due to it being cancelled all the time when shifting in/out of gear, etc.. and soot building up due to excessive idle time.

and like mentioned.. how much do they make smoke on a test drive when the exh. piping is opened up before the first can?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Envirotec

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins X15 after treatment issues - Rawze - 06-20-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.