Losing prime overnight/fuel pressure problem
06-25-2024, (Subject: Losing prime overnight/fuel pressure problem ) 
RE: Losing prime overnight/fuel pressure problem
(06-25-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  do an injector leak check on it, as per the video, and make sure it passes.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid75483

If it will not get to 29,000 psi then the pump (or its regulator on the back side of it) is bad.

as far as fuel draining back.. the check valve in the Davco is failing?.
I think I have a problem with my parking brake switch because when I tried to do the injector test in InSite...it won't let me. Says the parking brake needs to be engaged even tho it is.
I'm not sure if that's messing with the fuel leak down test as well? It'll let me do the test but maxes out at 13,000. When I was doing the rail leak down test it will sit at 13000psi...but if I slightly press the throttle during the test... it'll go up to 28,000.
Also, there is next to no leak after turning the key off/on. Over a few minutes I lost about 400psi.
I'm going to run a clear hose test to see if I'm sucking air somewhere from the tanks next.
I have a PACCAR fuel/water separator so I'm not sure if they have a check valve? I know my Davco on another truck does.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Losing prime overnight/fuel pressure problem - Skman - 06-25-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.