ISX Oil Pressure Problem
07-15-2024, (Subject: ISX Oil Pressure Problem ) 
RE: ISX Oil Pressure Problem
(07-15-2024 )United340 Wrote:  I check the pressure here road test… when I start the unit cold on the gauge I would read 45 psi at e and about 50-54 when I rev it .. when it gets hot it’s goes down to 20-25 at idle and 40-45 while full rev..

Once the oil is warmed up, 20-25 at idle is perfectly normal.

running down the roads, anything between 34-44 is about right too.

What exactly are you complaining about?. Is the oil pressure falling below 34~ish while the engine is above 1,000 rpm?. If so then its likely a bad rod/main bearing (wrong clearance), or the oil pump itself. Could also be the pickup tube sicking air.

Did anyone bother to plastigauge the rod and main bearings during the install process to verify all clearances?... this needs to be done any time you use non-oem parts.... and the answer is usually, ;likely not. did anyone bother to verify all the part#'s of each bearing shell individual as they came out of it?... because there is 15% chance that one lobe might have an alternate size bearing when it was built (its random) that is not in the book spec, as it came down the assembly line. this effects oil pressures directly, and eventually leads to a snapped crank/ruined block.

and yeah... that thing is not worth 3 cents with after-garbage trash-can parts in it. ISX's with aftermarket kits don't last very long, have oil pressure issues, and end up needing an inframe in half the time or less again.. and its a total waste of everyones time and moneys.

Next time some moron tells you to use anything but all 100% oem parts, including oem head ..... do yourself a favor and RUN THEM OFF!.

lastly..throw those useless cummins certs in the trash can ... ISX's are finicky beasts and if things are not done 100% right.. it will not last any ways. Here is how it should have been built...
ref: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...6#pid70606

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX Oil Pressure Problem - Rawze - 07-15-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.