Crank Position Sensor on CM871
08-07-2024, (Subject: Crank Position Sensor on CM871 ) 
RE: Crank Position Sensor on CM871
(08-07-2024 )mxmom777 Wrote:  Is there anyway one would get an engine light stating the DOC face is plugged, if this was failing?

The crank (or cam) position sensor (unless its throwing faults and/or getting out of sync errors), will have nothing whatsoever do with any emissions system alarms.

A DOC faceplug alarms is just that.,. a clogged DOC element detection by the ecm.

REMOVE THE DOC ELEMENT AND TAKE PICTURES OF ITS FACE!!! .. Take it, and the DPF elements BOTH off and to the st#ealers$it and have them baked, de-ashed, and flow tested. perform a 'DPF replacement' procedure in insite when they are all clean and back onto the truck. Post pictures of their faces for opinions of what might have clogged them up as well. This can help identify why they clogged in the first place. Here is one example of this...
ref: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...7#pid10137

THEN follow it up by performing a full egr tune-up, and ensure the engine is running as healthy as possible so it does not clog it up again!!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crank Position Sensor on CM871 - Rawze - 08-07-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.