870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue
08-11-2024, (Subject: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue ) 
RE: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue
I remember years ago i made a post on here of the nightmare I had of a sluggish intermittent acceleration in a 9400i with a cm870. As Rawze posted, monitor the engine state during acceleration. I also had to monitor the TPS sensor voltage for days while driving. Not just the TPS percentage. I had found the position value would read accurately but the voltage would intermittently stagnate, stick or would creep up from base value.
The problem ended up being the 3 TPS wires from the ECM to the bulk head pass thru were braided and wrapped around the back of the engine had wear from being old. It had multiple spots that were worn into each other once I pulled the braids apart. Not worn enough to show green cheese or exposed wires. But close enough to get cross voltages. Fix for this was to cut and solder splice the whole length of wires all the way around the back of the engine. DO NOT BUTT CONNECT ANY SIGNAL OR SENSOR WIRES.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue - Chamberpains - 08-11-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.