2009 Cummins in a Prostar Turbo options
09-03-2024, (Subject: 2009 Cummins in a Prostar Turbo options ) 
RE: 2009 Cummins in a Prostar Turbo options
(09-03-2024 )cheneygl Wrote:  Hypothetically, if you have done a proper delete of the emissions...

- that is a loaded statement.. because NO PERSON WHO WOULD RE-PROGRAM THE ECM 100% CORRECTLY AND RELIABLY, would EVER recommend removing that VGT turbo. The ISX engine uses the VGT turbo to set the proper fuel-air-mix. Removing it destroys this and shortens enigne life along with other problems like it costing the average truck more in fuel mileage losses per year than a replacement turbo + loosing the engine brake, etc.

Removing it can shorten engine life by as much as half too. Again, due to poor fuel air mix issues and higher liner friction as a result. This especially on higher HP applications. ... so you save $4800 right now so that you can spend $6,000 - $8,000 per year more in fuel + loose the engine brake, + overhaul kits 2x more often due to constant improper fuel-air-mix issues.

-- Sounds like some crap someone over on social madai or the youstlubes would say. Only someone who knows nothing of what they are talking about would even suggest it.

(09-03-2024 )cheneygl Wrote:  ...
can you replace the 4800.00 turbo with?
Yeah.. if it goes bad.. replace it with the same exact model designed for the engine. Lifespan is typically 600k miles (or more if well cared for), even on a properly de-mandated engine. here is some more info on this:
https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...9#pid81499

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2009 Cummins in a Prostar Turbo options - Rawze - 09-03-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.