Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250
09-07-2024, (Subject: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 ) 
RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250
(09-07-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  How bad is the damage to the pump components? Maybe post some pics. Usually when a pump goes you have to do a lot of flushing to get all the metal debris out. This type of failure is well known to destroy an engine beyond the point where it can even be rebuilt, so don't think you can just throw another pump on and head down the road.

Yes I’m aware have already pulled the pan had flakes in there. Cut filter open found glitter in the mesh. removed the oil pump. Tomorrow going to remove oil cooler, oil temp thermostat, the bypass in the filter housing. Pulled valve cover to see what I could find sitting on top of the head. Looked clean there and when I had the cover off the gear train I couldn’t find metal sitting in there. Just a little stuck on the crank timing sensor. Pushed a small amount of air through the oil rifle return to push oil out of the hole that feeds oil to the fuel pump to push oil out didn’t see any glitter come out of that hole. What else should I check or do to make sure it is flushed?

I’ll be ordering new parts next week…Oil cooler etc.. Called to get quote today for new pump through a Freightliner dealer said pumps are on back order, imagine that.. Have not yet pulled main caps to check bearings either.

The suck situation of this is I purchased a fuel pump and installed so I would not have to deal with this shi#t, this pump has 123 miles on it and roughly 20 hrs of idle/ run time on it from info I pulled from insite when I hooked it up..

The picture is one of the rollers the other roller is the one that broke and found a large piece in the pan in the picture in the above thread. The roller that broke would not allow me to pull it out.    
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metal below gear train in oil pan 2012 ISX cm2250 - Ironwagons - 09-07-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.