2018 Kenworth W900L
09-25-2024, (Subject: 2018 Kenworth W900L ) 
RE: 2018 Kenworth W900L
most of those warranties are not worth the paper they are written on. Read the fine print ...

- Most of them only cover 'lubricated parts' .. and even then .. they will only cover 'abnormal wear from manufacturing defects' .. and NOT any kind of excessive wear from abuse, neglected of oil changes, and anything they can can come up with that is considered 'abuse' ... which does not cover the bulk of why someone would buy into a warranty for a used truck to begin with.

I cannot tell you how many of those 'used truck warranties' that I have seen people try to make claims against (where it was genuinely needed) that would NOT cover the most common issues like chewed up overhead cams ... or failed fuel pumps that destroyed the entire engine, and on and on it goes.

Even so ... it has been only on VERY RARE OCCASION where a head gasket/liner or other head-removing failure actually got covered for someone. It is VERY RARE ... . and EVEN THEN!!!.. ONLY ONE CYLINDER GOT FIXED, AND IT RUINED THE REST OF ENGINE SHORTLY AFTER!!!... AS THE WARRANTY COMPANY TYPICALLY ONLY APPROVES THE ABSOLUTE MINIMUM HALF-ARSSED BAND-DAIDE TYPE OF FIX POSSIBLE!!!... and then the truck owner completely regrets it later... wishing they had simply saved that warranty moneys, and put it towards having the repair job done right instead. - Just an observation.

Also, with that mileage, its likely already at inframe time, depending on how hard it was worked + what the rear end ratio is.

What is the HP/torque at in the engine?. What is the rear end ratio?. <<-- those are the things that determine how likely it is worn out it is or not.

I.E.> A truck with an engine killing set of 3.27 rears and a 550+ HP engine, .. with 590k miles on it, ... is READY FOR AN INFRAME ALREADY!!!. Especially if it has been pushing anything more than flowers down the road its whole life.

On the other hand, if it has a decent set of 3.55's or 3.70's in it + the engine only set at 450HP/1750trq .. it likely has another 200-300k miles (possibly more) ahead of it before it will need an inframe.

Buying a used truck any more is a nightmare,.. as most of them are horribly sdpec'd and anything like that fuel pig, profit-less, square nose beast you mentioned there is almost guaranteed to be something that someone has abused to h$ell and beyond.

(This brings me to the next thoughts. Buyer beware on those square nose dinosaurs, The beer is talkin') ...

DO you have a specific reason why you want to even buy into a fuel-pig of a truck that is profit-less?. Is there a specific need for that horrible front end that sucks all profits out of your wallet?... the only need for them any more it extreme heavy-haul, where the extra cooling in the front is needed to keep it from over-heating.

Otherwise, the 'resale value' dumb-arsses excuses for owning it are just that. POINTLESS!!! ... as the fuel bill alone vs anything else more aerodynamic, far outweighs its usefulness and/or any possible resale value over time.

Trying to haul 80,000 lbs (or even 105k at this point) with a fuel-sucking brick of a square-nose truck is incredibly wasteful, making your number1 expense, FUEL, pretty much unmanagable , and leased to VERY LOW PROFITABILITY in todays freight market.

Literally anything else that is aerodynamic will be significantly more profitable . Its like tying lead weights around your ankles before the big race.. and then complaining all the time that everyone else is running longer than you before they get tired... and then complaining that your not getting paid enough $$$ all the time, and that freight rates suck.. when all along THE PROBLEM IS YOU AND THAT PIG OF A TRUCK!!! that belongs in a museum and not hauling anything down the roads that weighs less than 140K lbs or more .. and is geared 4.39's or 4.86's + double-framed, etc. to do so properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Ar15onaedd07 , barf

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2018 Kenworth W900L - Rawze - 09-25-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.