Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi..
10-09-2016, (Subject: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi.. ) 
RE: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi..
I honestly didn't pay too much attention to idle pressure. I was more concerned with operating range pressure at operating temperature.
The only time my truck runs at dead idle is first startup, long enough to build air pressure to cut out the engine fan, and enough temperature to remove the "snap" from combustion rocking the pistons BTDC, and at traffic lights & such while waiting to release the clutch. Other than that, I use the PTO idle at 900. I'm ~25psi at 900 RPM, good pressure, smooth engine.
I was taught that with the internal dynamics of large diesel engines, dead idle is not good for the long term health of the engine. At higher RPM's components "float" instead of "rattling around."
Right or wrong, that's the way this wheel nut does it...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi.. - Hammerhead - 10-09-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.