Question on smoke output
11-11-2016, (Subject: Question on smoke output ) 
RE: Question on smoke output
Thanks rawze.

Yes this motor, I did a thorough egr tuneup. Replaced imap,egp,egr diff, egr temp sensors, pulled egr valve off and completely cleaned all the soot out.

A guy before me replaced leaky exhaust mani gaskets and leaky exhaust bellow but he didn't check for the valve guide seals leaking, yes I know, why didn't he look for that. So I feel regardless, any motor that hasn't had the updated new valve guide seals installed, they should be replaced for piece of mind and the valves can be adjusted as well, all in one shot. Rules out valve guide seals leaking down the road

I did not know or have ever heard of excess boost issues with the cm2250s, that is good to know. What causes over boosting? Just faulty sensors or something within the turbo components?

Also, on pulling the pipe off the egr cooler, seems like lots of moisture and soot settle in at that pipe after the egr cooler almost having a person believe their is excess coolant/soot/oily buildup upon the engine warming up and burning that crap out of the egr piping...
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question on smoke output - joed2323 - 11-11-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.