Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
08-14-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(08-14-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  
(08-14-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  10 thou is too low, honestly it just wont last. it will go for awhile but you will being doing it sooner than if it would have been at 14 or 15. it will also take very little shi#t and abuse before going quicker. ive gone as high as 18, but that was a specific thing.

if your there cut em to 14 and be done with it. im so sick of hearing "its within spec" from dealerships/shops. i dont see a "its within spec" on cummins engine specs. 90% of shops wouldnt cut em and just let it roll and you will be back again later.

my 0.02c

P.S. - i recently just fire ringed a ISX with Cryogenic Bolts. Being the first ISX i did it turned out great and honestly that setup is stout and if i owned my personal truck i would do it to it. much beefier than OEM fire rings and the install was easy and very inexpensive. maybe 1000 bucks more than stock. time will tell how it holds up but from just the materials used and my general opinon on the install i believe it will eliminate most head gasket issues on a ISX. just food for thought

When you guys cut these I watched rawze video and he adding a shim there after there cut to achieve his end .014. So there's now 2 shims installed is there a way to pull the shim off the bottom of the liner and have a new one made in my case .010 where the surface looks great and the protrusion doesn't vary could .004 be added to the making of the new shim in the making of that new shim and achieve the same goal?

i personally have never changed the thickness of the liner shim, but i have had them cut from stainless. i see no reason why you could not have them cut with 4 more thou to get your protrusion up there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Unilevers - 08-14-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.