Changing single oil cooler to duel
10-16-2016, (Subject: Changing single oil cooler to duel ) 
RE: Changing single oil cooler to duel
(10-14-2016 )HankAz Wrote:  Yup, a little history. I ordered mine as a 600. Last year I put in a recon and didn't have any problems. This summer I started getting red shut down lights at the top of grades. I took it in to Cummins to get it checked out. I had just had issues with the X Y shifter and thought the guy at Kenworth changed something in my parameters.
He comes back and says it's the oil temp that is setting it off. He also thought that a 600 should have a duel cooler. So that was when I started reading here on Rawze's forums. I changed the oil thermostat but it has cooled down outside now so I'm not having the problem any more but I'm going to change it at Christmas time when I'm off to a duel cooler anyways.
Oh, and mine is in a T660.
Hank

If you are getting shutdown codes for oil problems -- IT IS NOT THE OIL COOLER SINGLE ELEMENT AT FAULT!!!

I don't know WHY for the life of me you think that adding a second oil cooler is going to ACTUALLY SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!!!! --- FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS AND STOP TRYING TO MASK THEM!!!!!

IF YOU OIL TEMPS ARE TOO HIGH ---

* You have a BAD DELETE!?

* You have fuel-air mixture problems!?

* You have an overheating Turbocharger!? -(what is your BOOST/pyro getting up to in hard pulls
?)

* You are ABUSING YOUR ENGINE!?

* Static Timing has slipped!?

* yOU HAVE A spun bearing!>?

* The oil cooler is partially plugged !? -- OR Annodized by BAD (or waterless) ENGINE COOLANT!?

* You have a bad oil temp sensor? -- Have you even verified the temps?

* Bad oil thermostat?.
--=-====

I.E. --- THERE IS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM!!! --- DON'T MASK YOUR PROBLEMS BY MODIFYING YOUR ENGINE!!!--- FIND THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!!!!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changing single oil cooler to duel - Rawze - 10-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.