ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
05-07-2021, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
(03-01-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Are Bypass Oil systems (Like ops/Gulf coast/Amsoil/Etc.) Good for the ISX CM871?,...

Opinion: For filtration--YES,...For extended oil drains---NO!

I agree with Cummins that extended oil changes are not so good for the engine to some extent. Most bypass oil systems for these type of engines are sold with the promise of spending less money on oil changes. While I agree that extra filtering is very good for these engines, and feel that it is absolutely necessary for any EGR engine, the extended oil change claims, I do not agree with.

My own truck even has a bypass oil filter on it. I installed a less expensive $350 Amsoil bypass system to help combat the soot that was constantly getting into my oil. If your running an engine with EGR, then by all means, any system designed to lower soot levels in your oil will help the motor by a large amount. What I do not agree with, is extended oil changes.

ok,i'm looking at the amsoil system because of your recommendation.what part number do i need,and what's in the system that comes with the filter?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems - gearratio - 05-07-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.