Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning...
02-18-2020, (Subject: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... ) 
RE: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning...
(02-18-2020 )Magard Wrote:  I’m liking it. Honestly if your driving it right the normal torque curve tune on the pedal you should never be max torque and low rpm. I want it because the truck has 3.36 gears and I’ll run 13th gear on cruise about 1300rpm quit a bit. If I’m not paying attention and it pulls down some I don’t want it capable of making torque if lugged down. I know cruise control is bad. I’m lazy. Just like 90% of truckers. I only use it if the country I’m in is pretty flat and my cruise parameters are set loose. It just helps protect the engine, one that is known to not have the best liner design.

My truck is spec'd pretty close. I get my best fuel mileage running cruise in 13th gear 1350rpm (63mph) but if I'm heavy or pulling any kind of hills it's just too hard on the engine. Even before finding this site I learned from listening to the engine that it didn't like heavy torque below 1300rpm. These days I try to keep above 1400 for normal pulls and over 1500 for heavier pulls. Seems my engine and driveline combo produce the best fuel mileage when run at 1350, 1450, 1550 rpm.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Better Fuel Mileage through Legal Custom Tuning... - JimT - 02-18-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.