my reply to an e-mail.
12-08-2016, (Subject: my reply to an e-mail. ) 
RE: my reply to an e-mail.
I'm one of those Volvo lovers. However, it's not because I'm more proud to drive one. It's because I'm more comfortable driving one. I've driven a Cascadia, a Prostar, and a Volvo. I feel the most comfortable in the Volvo. I know it has it's drawbacks but I try and drive it to minimize those drawbacks. I change the oil every 10,000 miles (to try and minimize soot buildup and oil breakdown) and I don't go faster than 65 mph (I would go slower but with how the gearing is I can't). My engine is also only rated for 400hp (it used to be my company truck). I'm not sure if that helps with underhood temps or not as the engine isn't pushing as much as it could. As far as mpgs, I usually average low 7's in the winter and I flirt with 8 in the summer. Now, I do plan on getting that sweet, sweet Georgia fix-it program come spring time which I think will help with some of my truck's drawbacks. I only run the northeast, so I need to figure a way to get down there.

Now granted, I have had one turbo replacement (at 389k miles) which they also replaced the DOC and DPF. But, it was covered under warranty (thankfully). Other than that, I've just put oil and fuel in it (i'm now at 418k).

I think a Volvo is a nice truck, with a Cummins and a 10 or 13 speed manual. I know a lot of people do not like it and it does have it's drawbacks. But every truck comes with drawbacks.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: my reply to an e-mail. - Billdozer2 - 12-08-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.