my reply to an e-mail.
11-23-2016, (Subject: my reply to an e-mail. ) 
my reply to an e-mail.
Anonymous user Wrote:My name is Will. I am in the market for purchasing a truck. I love Volvo. I want to purchase a 2012 or 2013, but am being told to avoid the volvo motors, also Cummins isx, because of egr issues. Everyone steers me towards detroit, but none are in Volvo. Should I let all the egr issues prevent me from buying what I love? Please help. Will

If you live in a foreign country that does not have emissions laws,..

{**Content removed by protection bot**- content.}

​As far as Volvo goes,... I know people like them, but they come at a cost. The intake piping is much smaller compared to other trucks, the engine compartment does not breathe well, exhaust is restrictive, etc.etc... making for lower fuel mileage overall. Because the engine compartment cannot breathe well, the turbocharger suffers 100 degree hotter temps than any other brand/style of truck. This shortens its lifespan by about 2/3 the nor on average.

They are the ABSOLUTE LEAST fuel efficient of all the newer Aero trucks on the road by about 0.6 mpg due to the restrictions alone when stacking them up against other trucks like Prostar, Cascadia, and KW-T700's. Add this into your business model and they are not so pretty to look at any more if you ask me.

Many of them also have the I-shift as well. There goes another 0.6 mpg loss easily, as compared to a decent driver with a 13-speed.

Those costs add up to a minimum of $34,000 extra over the lifetime of the truck for fuel, and an increase cost of 1 more turbocharger replacements as compare to other brands of truck,.. I.E. roughly $4,000 more.

Total cost of owning a Volvo over its lifetime as compared to say a Prostar, or Cascadia -- $38,000 more dollars. - Add an I-shift to that and your looking at $77 - 78,000 over its lifetime.

Still in love with Volvo? -- I certainly would not own one, as I cannot justify those kind of losses while hauling dry-van and/or reefer freight over tis lifetime. That is enough to buy a second used truck, and or a lot of extra driving when I could have been sitting at home with some days off but that is just me.

-- do you even know what you are looking for in a truck? -- Tranny?, clutch? Type of freight your going to be moving and rear ratio? driving speeds so that you can maximize your profits? etc... -- Last I checked, the trucking industry does not have much room for error any more, so you had best KNOW what you are looking for with a solid foundation if you want to actually take home a decent paycheck.

Just though i would mention that, most drivers have no clue when looking at getting a truck, then wonder why they suffer and make little to no profit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
my reply to an e-mail. - Marajin - 11-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.