Injector Life Expectancy
12-03-2016, (Subject: Injector Life Expectancy ) 
RE: Injector Life Expectancy
(12-02-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  What you are missing is the fatigue factor over time to the spring and lag from contamination to the check valves and passages. Add to that cascading effect of wear of timing and metering actuators, flow restrictions from wax build up of contaminates in very fine orifices.
Unless everything is near perfect there is a cumulative effect to the mechanical system.
I assume there is a big difference between new and less stringent reman standards that throw a wrench into the works.

https://youtu.be/_WeiDC6S8Lw

I understand the spring fatigue and erosion/abrasion wear in the nozzles and check valves.
I know that carbon deposit buildup on the injector tip face interferes with proper spray patterns as well. Thanks for the link, I have watched all of Daniel Babbit's videos years ago in attempts to better understand these engines.

My question was directed to Rig Wrench where he stated...
(12-01-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I've done all 6 in 100k on my 871. I have a theory that at the power level it's at the extended duration is taking its toll. I back up this claim with absolutely nothing, just all that makes since.(sic)
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around "power level and its associated extended duration" taking enough of a toll in 100k miles to warrant changing them.
I don't know what kind of power levels he is at or his torque load demand, or anything else for that matter, but as someone who uses above average torque load due to my type of work, I'm trying to understand where he is coming from to see if there are any correlations I can draw to my application that may help me prevent an unforeseen premature failure.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injector Life Expectancy - Unilevers - 11-29-2016,
RE: Injector Life Expectancy - Hammerhead - 12-03-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.