I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
12-16-2016, (Subject: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help! ) 
RE: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
(12-16-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  Did you perform the DPF Restriction Test per Ins1te? I had mine cleaned at a Cummins Shop, nothing unusual from the outside, but they did the test and it FAILED!!....so I had the DPF replaced.....costly.

Before you spend any more $$$...and wasted time on small problems, do the restriction test, I believe you have a stuffed-up DPF, from some internal engine problem.

Jeez! You'd think that part of the Cleaning Process would be a flow test BEFORE they returned the damn thing! No sense returning an internally plugged freshly cleansed DPF to a customer???

sorry, I know my post is of zero help value, just a rant at the nonsense of returning a "cleaned" DPF that is still plugged...

I had Cummins in San Antonio do just that...after cleaning the unit, they returned it to my system, new gaskets installed, and did the test.....FAILED!!! So...I had them replace the DPF..at a cost of $1,700 for the unit, and redid the test.....VOILA!! Passes.......total cost out of my pocket...$2,477.19.

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help! - scottydogtruck - 12-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.