Xpi Injector
01-05-2017, (Subject: Xpi Injector ) 
Xpi Injector
Hello all, new here and I tried searching but didn't find anything specific to what I was trying to work with.

I have a 2010 Peterbilt with an ISX15 xpi...It popped a code the other day for the #4 injector spill valve. We don't rebuild here in our shop so we ordered up a new injector.

I pull everything apart and it's not the Cummins that I'm used to. It's a SOHC with electronic (I guess) injectors. Our shop manuals don't cover any SOHC motors as they may be a bit dated. I was able to clear the area of wiring and unscrewed the injector holder, but for the life of of me I can't get the injector free. Our other Cummins injector doesn't work with this style of injector. I tried using a heel bar on it (gently but with force) and even a pry bar but I just can't get it free.

The local Cummins shop was zero help and just wanted to give me the phone number to tech support and the mechanic on duty was busy.

I watched Rawze's injector replacement video but it's for the older style injector.

If anyone has some info on how to pop that loose I would be very appreciative. I'm getting desperate cause the boss is gonna be on my ass about it soon.

Thanks guys!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Xpi Injector - benjiisx - 01-05-2017
RE: Xpi Injector - Rawze - 01-05-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - Brock - 01-05-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - Hammerhead - 01-06-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - Rawze - 01-06-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - benjiisx - 01-05-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - Mr Hagg - 01-06-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - benjiisx - 01-06-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - Rawze - 01-06-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - Mr Hagg - 01-06-2017,
RE: Xpi Injector - benjiisx - 01-06-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.