Green slime in crankcase filter cover?
01-08-2017, (Subject: Green slime in crankcase filter cover? ) 
Green slime in crankcase filter cover?
I know what the worst case is here after watching Rawzes video on the liner leak and I'm going to get the pressure test kit . What I found was small amount of clear water as well. Several things to consider last week I ran in heavy rain. I did wash the truck with hood open not sure maybe water got in air filter on top the engine? Then it got down to single digits F. I notice some blowby. Just change oil and didn't see any thing but did at operating temp. Will send sample as well. Stuck my fingers in drain and rubbed bottom of pan -black oil. Had insight on today oil temp just above 200. So Im praying this is condensation. As far as anti freeze consumption I did at about a 1/2 gallon I changed coolant about 8000 miles ago and haven't added til today. But with the temp climate changes I'm not sure if it has really used much or not. So I'm asking dose condensation and wet conditions cause green slime on crankcase filter? Also if it is antifreeze (red stuff) that cycled through the engine would it be like clear water? If you put a small amount of red anti freeze in your hand it is clearly red. But what I got from the filter cover wasn't ? Thank you for your thoughts.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Green slime in crankcase filter cover? - Shipit - 01-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.