Counter-bore tools and parts...
01-10-2017, (Subject: Counter-bore tools and parts... ) 
RE: Counter-bore tools and parts...
(01-10-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  something tells me, without this site not nearly as many owner operaters would have the ..... to work on thier own engine, I mean quickserve is a godsend, which other engine manufacturer has free service manuals for a few engines, cummins may not build the best engine but the information is hard to beat, also I wonder how competitive manufacturers software compares to the likes of insite and C@ltr!m

It is my understanding that engine makers like Detroit, Mercedes, Volvo, MAC, and several others simply farm out all the really difficult bulk of ecu work that involves things like fuel-air ratio, charge flow, turbo mapping, injection mapping, emissions compliance, etc.etc. any more to Crysler/Mercedes. From what I have seen, those engine makers do not even do their own programming on that level much any more. Most of their so-called "Engineering" software, like DDDE for the Dteroit for example, is more geared towards re-assigning engines to different applications only, and it is not meant for custom tuning at all. Things like using an engine as a generator instead of a highway truck, or re-assigning it as a school buss engine vs a fire truck engine. It is mostly useless towards actual custom tuning because of this, but still, there are droves of co-called ecu tuners that use it for hacking into an ecu and blindly hex-editing tables and settings, completely guessing in the dark. -- This is why there are so many bad deletes for many different engines out there, and anyone using these blind methods has to resort to suppressing emissions ecu codes by forcing the check engine lights not to come on. - Hook up a diagnostic,.. and there are the codes still starring you in the face.

High end software is used for the "custom tuning" part for these engines, and since it is farmed out, many brands of engines all use slight variations of this same stuff. You will not find it on the Internet or any auto forums. I have not even seen it mentioned or discussed anywhere public either. Searching for their names comes up with mostly blanks too.

I have seen and worked with it first hand myself and it makes C@trm for the red motors look like ameture child-play. I also know of a few others who do actually have it and use it properly outside of the makers themselves, where they do in fact have the ability to do proper "custom tuning" without having to guess at anything. - There are reasons that I say what I do about so much bad tuning running around out there for these engines. It is based on experience, research, and testing that runs much deeper than what is shared and discussed on auto forums.

I have seen most every tuning program and method that others do, and the bulk of it clearly points to a lack of understanding of the enormous complexity of how a modern diesel engine actually works.

NO, it is not my place to mention the names of the stuff, etc. but it has its roots seated firmly with matlab and simulink...

. -- I only post this because I think people should know that there is ways to do things properly without endless hours of guessing and copying others work, then coming up with half-baked processes that do as much harm as they do good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Counter-bore tools and parts... - Unilevers - 01-09-2017,
RE: Counter-bore tools and parts... - Rawze - 01-10-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.