Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
01-16-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
Well, like the title says I'm pretty sure I've got an injector that is giving up on me.
Truck sounds like it's got a miss in the 1450-1650 range under torque, and boost was down 3-4psi. I dumped in some PS Diesel Kleen in the hopes of trying to limp myself home. Boost & power have come back, and miss isn't as sharp but still there.
Unilevers suggested manifold or turbo gasket or CAC leak, but using someTerm I overrode the turbo to 90% and couldn't find a leak. Now after the Diesel Kleen and boost returning to normal, I'm pretty sure it's a spark plug. It passed all tests in Insite, but that don't mean much. I've had leaky ones pass before.
I'm delivering tomorrow, then thinking of finding a place to park and change an injector in a parking lot. This is on a CM871.
I don't carry in the truck with me;
-injector leak tester
-inch pound dial torque wrench
-crows feet for torquing the lock nuts
-heel bar to pull injectors (but I do have a few pry bars)

Kinda thinking that I can make do with what I've got with me, except the dial torque wrench. Any suggestions where to get an inexpensive one just to do this and readjust everything when I get home?
Anything else I'm missing?

There's a Home Depot within walking distance of where I'm unloading to get a couple buckets for the coolant. I pack click type in/lb and ft/lb torque wrenches but I just don't think truck bounce and shaking would be very kind to the dial which is why I don't pack it. That and a guys just got to make choices in confined spaces.
Open to suggestions...

Edited to add: oh yeah, I'll get a turkey baster and Q-tips from Walmart next HD to clean the oil out of the head and bolt holes properly as well...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? - Hammerhead - 01-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.