Getting my own authority....sick of this crap.
01-18-2017, (Subject: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap. ) 
Getting my own authority....sick of this crap.
Getting my own authority has become way more attractive. Right now I get 75% of the linehaul and 100% of the fuel surcharge. My company was just bought out by an investment firm and for the last three weeks I have had to fight for my pay. If I do next week the gloves come off.

I did the math. Last year the truck made $140,000. I give up 25% of that for what? Book work and liability insurance. Last year I gave up $35,000 for that. If liability insurance is $800 per month then I would have to pay an extra $9600 to gain $35,000. The math adds up.

My company as well as a lot of others I know have been gravitating to load boards to find freight. They literally dispatch in their PJ's! I dont see them developing relationships with shippers.....just looking at the computer and if they dont see anything they just blame the economy for their lack of work. Why not cut out the middle man....or men (plural) and keep the money. Facebook has introduced me to the way some of these folks live and they live better than I do....and all they do is make phone calls.

I have never met anyone who has their own authority say they regretted it. Most say they wish they made the decision years ago. I will be making my last truck payment in Nov. I will prolly make the leap.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74 , in2trux , PuroCumminsPower

Messages In This Thread
Getting my own authority....sick of this crap. - preacherboy24 - 01-18-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.