Transmission Time..
02-07-2017, (Subject: Transmission Time.. ) 
Transmission Time..
Transmission is gone in my truck, so it's coming out. while it's out i'm going to do the clutch and take care of a rear structure leak, I have a few questions i'd like to throw to the panel and get some feedback.

Clutches: looking at getting an Eaton easy pedal 2250ftlb. any experiences with other brands? what about the lipe clutch?

Trans Fluid: I'm pretty sold on running 75-90 as per a few folks on this site, I haul B trains (140000lbs) in Canada. and it seemed that the 75-90 was a better choice for that over 50WT. Just want to make sure that's a good idea.

Trans. Cooler: I has the water to oil transmission cooler on it. The previous owner had it go and contaminate the trans with coolant. he assured me it was small and the transmission had been checked..I learned an expensive lesson about that.
My go-to mechanical advice guy figures the contamination is what set up the trans. for failure and it was only a matter of time and he recommends swapping it for an air cooler to prevent it from happening again as he's seen many transmissions wiped out from coolant damage, any thoughts on this? good? bad? where should it be mounted?

If you have some best practices advice for when something like this is getting done i'd like to hear it too.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-07-2017
RE: Transmission Time.. - Unilevers - 02-07-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Unilevers - 02-08-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-08-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-09-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-09-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.