EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
04-12-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
RE: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
(02-19-2017 )martinef1963 Wrote:  I removed the Delta P Sensor and cleaned it off. I purchased a new one, but it is a modified / updated version that Freightliner sold me and I would have to cut three wires, crimp them and then "calibrate" the sensor.

I didn't feel that brave today and think i might just go and pay for the dealer to do this task. Cutting an electrical harness on these over engineered, sensor ridden platforms just keeps me in check.
martinef1963, I did this today. Although I didn't need to replace the harness as mine already has the update, I snapped the retaining clip because of it being brittle. The job was extremely easy. All the wires are color coordinated so you really can't make a mistake. I put shrink tubing around the connectors then wrapped it all with electrical tape. I also had the P-sensor calibrated. The mechanic said the ECM needs to be reset to "absolute zero" or it could set a code. Apparently the ECM "learns" the values being generated by the Delta-P sensor so your previous sensor "learned value" may be different than what a brand new sensor expects to read...hence the code being thrown.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia - bossboy2 - 04-12-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.