Egr cooler leaking externally?
01-10-2018, (Subject: Egr cooler leaking externally? ) 
RE: Egr cooler leaking externally?
(01-08-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Looks to me either the o-ring in the cap is leaking or the housing is cracked. Either way it should be a warranty item presuming you still have one. I can see the oil running down from the cap area. If you do it yourself you will need a large Allen wrench. I got mine from Napa as they had one on the shelf in the back. I can not recall the size off hand. The a/c compressor and alternator has to come off to remove the accessory bracket off. That will give you the clearance you need to pull the oil thermostat cap off.

Make damn sure that area is clean enough to eat off of before you pull the plug. If any dirt gets into it it’s a straight shot to the filter/bypass valve and possibly to the oil galleys from there.

I’ve had that plate off 3 times (long story) and always cleaned the hell out of it with brake cleaner before pulling it. Even then I plugged all the galleys with shop towels to keep anything up top from falling down and bouncing into one. Yes my luck can be that bad.
It’s a 19mm Allen
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Egr cooler leaking externally? - gatow900 - 01-10-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.