Cummins ISC issues
03-25-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC issues ) 
RE: Cummins ISC issues
(03-25-2017 )TDInewguy Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  Looking at the pics of the 2 sensors that are in the egr system, I would pull the tubes off the egr system and see how built up with carbon they are. Cleaning them is easy enough. Most guys used carb cleaner and rags. I used some water based super clean in the purple bottle. Soaked the tubes in it straight out of the bottle over night rinsed with water and let dry. Couldn't find and residue left by the cleaner and didn't have to scrub or try to push anything through the tubes.

I pulled the EGR pressure differential sensor and it was reasonable... no blockage.

As the tube and egr valve build up with carbon, the less efficient the whole system works, the more carbon builds up on them. Essentially starting a snowball effect. This directly connects to how efficient the entire system and motor run. The more carbon build up in the system the worse the mpg gets. That's why on the isx Rawze recommends cleaning a minimum of once a yr. Alot of guys that have the mandate still in place are doing it more often than that. The mandate make the engine a carbon/soot building machine, think I read something like 60lbs a yr for the avg semi. That 60lbs ends up 1 of 3 places, the oil, the dpf to be burned off, or caked inside the motor..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Cummins ISC issues - TDInewguy - 03-12-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Rawze - 03-23-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Rawze - 03-25-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Rawze - 03-25-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Squish099 - 03-25-2017
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Rawze - 03-26-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Rawze - 03-26-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Unilevers - 04-01-2017,
RE: Cummins ISC issues - Rawze - 04-04-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.