Opinions on gliders
03-15-2017, (Subject: Opinions on gliders ) 
RE: Opinions on gliders
(03-15-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Everything I am hearing in regards to Cat and parts availability is not that great. The OEM Cat parts from my understanding are worn out reman junk as Cat is no longer manufacturing new parts. I hear there are some aftermarket shops making some parts, but not everything. Not to insult you, just going by what I have heard here and on the street.

I don't trust remanufactured or aftermarket parts in general. It is my honest opinion that a de-acerted, 16:1 compression 625hp Acert with a 550hp base tune is the best Diesel engine available. Strongest possible combination of block, crank, rod, piston and rod/compression ratio engine available. Every part for this setup is available brand new oem, not reman or aftermarket. These setups in a car hauler get .7-1.0 mpg better fuel mileage than ANY ISX tuned by Unilever, GearHead, Rawze and some guy named Johnny Rotten. More importantly, they don't blow up while doing it. If one does break, you can take it to any shop with no concern of them refusing to work on it. Even though they generate significantly more power and will run away and hide from a de-mandated 600/2050 2350. The ISX does have a much stronger jake brake though. Compression brakes work best, with sky high compression.

More power, increased fuel mileage, better warranty, superior reliability, much better resale value and the freedom to use any shop you wish.
All for LESS money.

Now, what will such a combo do in a light weight low drag situation? In an aero truck,in direct drive, team driven coasting out of gear more than half the time at 53 mph, never having to turn a pto or idle? I can't say, not my bag. ISX might be a more efficient engine for that.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinions on gliders - Texasdude74 - 03-15-2017
RE: Opinions on gliders - Cuya - 03-19-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.