871 jakes and power issues
03-15-2017, (Subject: 871 jakes and power issues ) 
871 jakes and power issues
Just bought a 2011 prostar with an 871 isx. 3 trips and im averaging 3-4 mpg and my stage 3 jakes dont work and i have NO power. Took it to the shop because i dont have a 9pin connector yet. shop showed codes for the actuator but were supposedly fixed with an ecm update (i remain skeptical). The shop also says the cab computer isnt sending a signal to the ecm for the s3 jakes and that the cab computer can also limit torque but i have to take it to international to check that. i haul grain at 79-85k lbs 10 speed and 450 hp. Any suggestions? are the cab controllers known to be problematic? When starting from a stop sign on flat ground water temp gets to around 225 before i reach 65mph in what seems to be around 2 miles. i plan on buying a nexiq in the next few weeks. im out of cash at the moment between plates insurance, a ridiculous amount of fuel and well that trip to the mechanic that doesnt appear to be covered by that ex warranty. Also the mechanic said i had algae in the tank so they dumped algaecide in and replaced 2 fuel filters that have less than 2k miles on em i had no idea algae would grow in diesel
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
871 jakes and power issues - smorgan87 - 03-15-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.