Red Stop Engine Light
03-17-2017, (Subject: Red Stop Engine Light ) 
RE: Red Stop Engine Light
(03-17-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(03-16-2017 )Tmaj12k Wrote:  I'm pretty local. So in the 2+ years of having the truck I've put about 100k on it. So it was time to change it back in January. But now the red light is back. I think I'm gonna change the filter again to buy myself some time until I can figure out what's happening

This would be called The Stick Your Head In the Sand Procedure # 000-000.
If you are getting excessive crankcase pressure, something is wrong, period.
Excessive crankcase pressure is an indicator of potential catastrophic component failure. A cracked piston could let go and blast a hole through the block &/or head, most likely both rendering your engine scrap metal. A dropped or shifted liner could potentially dump extreme enough quantities of coolant into the oil and very quickly wear reusable components to the point of replacement. Or just for fun, fill the cylinder with coolant during an intake stroke and hydraulically lock on compression, bending a rod, or the crank, cracking the head and possibly the block.
Excessive crankcase pressure comes from 3 sources;
1)Compression blowby-worn rings, cracked piston(s), etc.
2)Turbo face seal-the charge pressure leaks past the seal and into the oil, into the crankcase.
3)Plugged crankcase ventilation-it could be as simple as this. Perhaps the vent tube from the crankcase filter housing to atmosphere is plugged and just needs to be blown free with compressed air...

or you could go with Procedure # 000-000...

Definitely don't want to stick my head in the sand. After reading your message I'm heading to the shop.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red Stop Engine Light - Tmaj12k - 03-17-2017
RE: Red Stop Engine Light - Unilevers - 03-20-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.