Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
04-02-2017, (Subject: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX ) 
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
sledge, Money is cheap to borrow currently,the interest will be far cheaper than labor paid to a mechanic to maintain an old truck the motor is only a small part of what will need repair.
Will your family be happy that you spend every weekend fixing something that is wrong with an old truck? Are you willing to lean everything about a the trucks systems Electrical,air,brakes,drive line. Yesterday I rebuilt a fan clutch and saved 300 over a rebuilt one and saved the labor on the R and R by doing it myself still took 5 hours with trip to the parts store, got the wrong kit the night before so I had to go back Saturday,2 weeks ago same truck needed an air compressor parts over 400$ plus another Satuday i knew I needed the compressor because when the air dryer cycled it left oil residue on the ground next week I will service the air dryer on Saturday.

You can make money with an old truck or a new truck but no matter what else happens the truck has to run and be dependable everyday, then you can worry about fuel milage.

I don't think 33K will be enough to rebuild an old ISX but It will make a down payment on a newer unit and leave you some operating capital, if you make the jump to Owner you cannot have too much extra money, and good credit rating and a CC with a zero balance and a 10K limit will get you through the s++t happens maybe
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , Squish099 , Sledge

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX - arch_stanton - 04-02-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.